When we first came across Free My Apps, we were pretty dubious about the entire concept, but now that we’ve given it a shot and gotten a couple of paid iOS apps for free (within a couple of minutes), we’re pretty excited about it. So what is Free My Apps and how does it work? Find out after the break!
This is how I topped out my iTunes account with loads of iTunes credit for FREE. You can too!
So first of all, how does Free My Apps work?
The gist of it is that you download apps from sponsors listed on the site (like Sims Free Play from EA) and earn points to redeem paid apps, Amazon, hulu, xBox Live and iTunes Gift Cards!
Here’s a step by step guide on how it works:
1) Visit FreeMyApps site on mobile Safari or click http://bit.ly/freeiosapps from your phone.
2) Install the secure device profile / “Verify Settings”app when it prompts you. This is important so it can monitor if you’ve run the sponsored apps for at least 30 seconds. Don’t worry it’s not a virus.
3) Download any app from the “Sponsored Apps” part of the site (it’ll redirect you to the App Store).
4) Launch the app and keep it open for at least 30 seconds (we just left the apps there for 30 seconds but the goal of the sponsors is probably for people to start using the app within that time)
5) Go back to Free My Apps and refresh the page for you points to load in.
6) Once you have enough points for the paid app you want, go to the “Gift Apps” section of the site and select it. You’ll be redirected to a “Redeem” screen in the App Store with the code already filled in. Log in to redeem the app and it’ll start downloading (plus, it’ll stay on your iTunes account so you can download to other devices).
7) Refer your friends and receive 200 credits per referral (Your friend must download and launch an app for 30 seconds).
TIP: If you have multiple iOS devices with the same Apple ID logged in, you can just download all the Sponsor apps from each device and get the Gift apps and download it on the other device. You’ll get double the credits and you can download more of the paid apps for free!
It’s that easy! Note that you’ll need to have a US iTunes account to participate in this promotion and also an iOS device running iOS 4 and up.
NEW! FreeMyApps is now available for Android! Now you can get rewarded with Play Store and other Gift cards by using your android device!
The same steps apply. Even easier for Android, you will only need to install the FreeMyApps app on the Play Store and sign in with your Facebook.
Did it work for you? What apps did you get? Let us know in the comments!